New in 2019 : Weekly classes … by The Blues Joint!
Wanna learn to dance Blues? In the new year you have two options:
- Weekly classes on Wednesday on two levels follow by Midweek Blues, our brand new Weekly social dance
- Monthly workshops combined with Saturday Night LIVE! our social party with a live band!
- … or do both and learn twice as fast 😉
From February 13 we will start with weekly classes on two levels. Classes will be in two levels and can be taken in blocks of 8 weeks. The price for one block is € 60 for 8 one-hour classes.
After the classes there will be a chance to practice your new moves and techniques in our brand new weekly socials dance Midweek Blues, free for all.
Every four weeks we have a whole Saturday of Blues dancing. Starting with afternoon workshop, evening taster and an amazing party with live music!
We have three two-hour workshops for you and they will be theme based. You can subscribe for each workshop separate, or join more workshops on the same day. Party ticket for the evening is always included.
The schedule for the workshops to come:
Saturday January 5, together with our New Years party:
- 13-18h Fast beginners crash course, 4 hours of Blues basics for people with experience in another lead & follow dance style like Lindy Hop or Tango.
- 20-22h Absolute beginners taster, your opportunity to start dancing from scratch, just before our Blues party. Topics vary every month but we always with the basics.
After the workshops we invite you to join our party “Saturday Night LIVE !” to practice what you’ve learned and dance the night away with old and new friends. Naturally we have LIVE music and your party ticket is included in the workshop fee.
Info and registration
- The fee for the workshops are mentioned in the page and on the registration form. We have only 20 spots each time available, so please subscribe on time if you want to join.
- We have no refund policy, but you can always sell your spot to some one else. Let us know if you do so we can change the name.
- Payment: You can transfer your workshop fee to “Amsterdam Lindy Society”, IBAN NL90 RABO 0122 8800 72 mentioning the workshop name, date(s) and your name. If you prefer to pay cash at the workshop, please let us know in the remarks field at subscription.
- All classes and workshops will be mainly in English, however you can always ask for a Dutch explanation as most teachers speak Dutch.
- All classes and parties will take place in Frankie’s. A small but really Bluesy dance studio in the center of Town. Address: Tussen de Bogen 67, Amsterdam.